A fire that started in the chimney early Tuesday temporarily displaced a woman in the western New Brunswick town of Upper Kintore, about 15 kilometres east of Perth-Andover.

Officials said the fire resulted in electrical damage to the Kintore Road home. No one was injured in the blaze.

The Canadian Red Cross has volunteers helping her with food and lodging until the scene can be cleaned and the residence repaired.

Also, further north, a house fire along Montagne à Comeau Road displaced a family of four around 2 a.m. Tuesday in Comeau Ridge, about 10 kilometres northeast of Grand Falls. 

There were no serious injuries. The couple and two children were checked for minor smoke inhalation.

Aid from the Canadian Red Cross in Edmundston was not required, said officials. Relatives and insurance were helping the family meet any emergency needs.

LOOK: Here are 25 ways you could start saving money today

These money-saving tips—from finding discounts to simple changes to your daily habits—can come in handy whether you have a specific savings goal, want to stash away cash for retirement, or just want to pinch pennies. It’s never too late to be more financially savvy. Read on to learn more about how you can start saving now. [From: 25 ways you could be saving money today]