Closings & Cancellations for Wednesday, February 7th
A powerful winter storm moving into northern Maine and western New Brunswick Wednesday could dump 6-11" of snow before it winds down late tonight.
- RSU 50 - Katahdin/Southern Arooostook schools will be dismissing students at 12 noon today.
- MSAD 1 Adult Education is closing early at 4 p.m. All evening classes are cancelled.
- All Bangor Savings Bank branches are closing at 1pm Wednesday.
- All State Offices will close at 3 p.m.
- Temple Cinema in Houlton will be closed tonight.
- UMPI will close at 4:30 p.m. today, 2/7/18. All evening classes are canceled and offices closed.This includes the Houlton Center and Gentile Hall.
- NMCC is closing at 4 p.m. No evening classes.
- Woodstock Duty Free Shop closing early. (3 p.m.)
Presque Isle Recreation has cancelled 5th & 6th Grade Basketball practices for this evening due to the weather. PickleBall is still on starting at 6:00 p.m.
Ayr Motor Centre in Woodstock has cancelled swim lessons for this evening.
After-school youth programs at the Caribou Wellness and Recreation Center are cancelled for this evening due to the snowstorm.
- Caribou at Presque Isle JV and Varsity Girls Basketball games start times for Wednesday have been moved to 4:00 pm JV and 5:30 pm Varsity.
- Houlton vs. Hodgdon basketball game is postponed
- The Carleton North Stars hockey game Vs. Polyvalente Thomas Albert of Grand falls has been rescheduled to Feb. 14 at the Northern Carleton Civic Centre in Florenceville-Bristol.
- Central Aroostook at Fort Kent JV/Varsity games are postponed to tomorrow (Thursday) with same start times 5:30/7:00 p.m.
- Katahdin @ Southern Aroostook is postponed until tomorrow evening.
- Wednesday’s “All Things Become New -Caregiver Support Group” meeting at Northern Maine Medical Center, Medical Library has been rescheduled for NEXT Wednesday, February 14 at 6:00 pm
If you have a storm-related message to include in this listing, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Facebook.
Storm messages brought to you by Haney's Building Specialties: