Toyota Recalls Over 3.3 Million Vehicles
Toyota announced a recall of over 3.3 million vehicles due to the fact that the fuel pumps can suddenly stop operating, and that can cause the vehicles to stall. Drivers may not be able to restart them either. Toyota has said If the stall happens at high speeds, the risk of a crash could increase.
The recall impacts the following Toyota and Lexus vehicle models:
- 2013-2015 Model Year Lexus LS 460;
- 2013-2015 Model Year Lexus GS 350;
- 2014 Model Year Toyota FJ Cruiser, Lexus ISF;
- 2014-2015 Model Year Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser; Lexus GX 460, IS 350, LX 570;
- 2015 Model Year Lexus NX 200t, RC 350;
- 2017 Model Year Lexus IS 200t, RC 200t GS 200t;
- 2017-2019 Model Year Toyota Highlander; Lexus GS 350;
- 2017-2020 Model Year Toyota Sienna and Lexus RX 350
- 2017-2020 Model Year Toyota Tacoma
- 2018-2019 Model Year Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser; Lexus GS 300, GX 460, IS 300, IS 350, LS 500h, LX 570, NX 300, RC 300, RC 350;
- 2018-2020 Toyota Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Sequoia, Tundra; Lexus ES 350, LC 500, LC 500h, LS 500, RX 350L
- 2019 Model Year Toyota Corolla Hatchback and Lexus UX 200
- 2019-2020 Model Year Toyota RAV4
Toyota and Lexus dealers will replace the fuel pumps at no cost to customers.
CLICK HERE to check your VIN at Toyotas recall site.
You can read the complete press release by Toyota here.
Do you have our free radio station app yet? If not, it's the perfect way to request a song, talk to the DJs, enter exclusive contests and to stay up to date with everything that's happening in and around Central Maine and the world. When you download it, make sure you turn on the push notifications so that we can send you exclusive content and local breaking news that you need to know about first. Just enter your mobile number below and we'll send a download link right to your mobile device. After that, you can download for free and immediately begin accessing all kinds of exclusive content tailored just for you. Give it a try and stay connected with us!