A fire Sunday afternoon that destroyed a mobile home in the northern Penobscot County town of Patten has left two brothers homeless.

WABI-TV reports the blaze broke out around noon on the Shin Pond Road. The Patten Fire Department, along with crews from three neighboring communities arrived to find the home fully engulfed in flames.

It reportedly took about an hour-and-a-half to extinguish the blaze. Wind chills were around zero at the time.

Jon Harvey and his brother managed to get out safely–no one was hurt.

Patten’s assistant fire chief said the fire appears to have started in the living room–possibly from a cigarette that ignited the sofa.

Local residents have stepped up to help the two men who were displaced by the fire.

More From