Are You Aware Of The Teal Pumpkin Project?
I was truly surprised to hear about the Teal Pumpkin Project. I think it is a great idea, which is why I want to spread awareness around the Teal Pumpkin and what it represents. If you don't know what the Teal Pumpkin Project is...it's time to find out how you can create a safer, happier Halloween.
According to Foodallergy.org, here is how you can participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project:
- Provide non-food treats for trick-or-treaters.
- Place a teal pumpkin in front of your home to indicate to passersby that you have non-food treats available.
Ideas for non-food treats:
- Glow sticks, bracelets, or necklaces
- Pencils, pens, crayons or markers
- Halloween erasers or pencil toppers
- Mini Slinkies
- Whistles, kazoos, or noisemakers
- Bouncy balls
- Finger puppets or novelty toys
- Spider rings
- Vampire fangs
- Mini notepads
- Playing cards