A fire which damaged a home at 168 Center Road in Easton Tuesday morning started in the dryer vent.  The Red Cross is assisting the family - Timothy and Crystal MacFarline, their daughter and father.

Easton Fire Chief Kim White says the home was fully engulfed when crews arrived at 10:45 a.m. Several dogs have been accounted for. A family cat is believed to have escaped the fire, but has not been located.

David Shaw

The home is across from Easton High School and was known for years as The White Family Farm. The house is insured.

David Shaw

The State Fire Marshall's Office says the fire started a clothes dryer vent.  The Easton Fire Department received mutual aid from Presque Isle and Mars Hill.

The MacFarline family has lost most of their belongings and are in need of the following: Men's shirts size XL, men's pants size 36x32, girl's size 7/ 8, girls shoes size 3. Their entire kitchen was destroyed, so dishes, pots/pans, bakeware, etc. are much needed. Donations can be dropped off at the Easton Elementary School weekdays between 8 and 3.