Nominations Open for 2016 New Brunswick Teaching Awards
Nominations for the Minister’s Excellence in Education Awards are now open for the 2015-16 school year.
New Brunswick Education and Early Childhood Development Minister Serge Rousselle says the nominations are open to all educators throughout the education system as well as the early-learning and child-care centres.
Rousselle says the awards recognize individuals, at all levels of the education system, who demonstrate exceptional dedication, ingenuity, leadership, passion and professionalism. The awards also highlight the success of innovative methods, exceptional efforts to promote a positive learning environment, and initiatives to support diverse learners.
Nominations can be submitted by individuals or groups in the nominee’s school district, These include students, parents, colleagues, parent school support committees, home and school associations, and boards of directors.
For the francophone sector, Rousselle says the deadline to submit nominations is Monday, May 30. These awards will be presented during a ceremony in Fredericton on November 5.
For the anglophone sector, the deadline to submit nominations is Friday, June 10. These awards will be presented during a ceremony in Fredericton on November 19.
Last year, the following teachers received the awards at a ceremony in Fredericton:
Anglophone School District North:
- John Mann, Superior Middle School;
- Vivian Kierstead, Dr. Losier Middle School.
Anglophone School District East:
- Armand Doucet, Riverview High School;
- Kelly White, Lou MacNarin School.
Anglophone School District South:
- Rose Marie Theriault, River Valley Middle School;
- JoAnn Watters, Princess Elizabeth School;
- Mark Perry, Kennebecasis Valley High School.
Anglophone School District West:
- Lori Thompson-Hay, Fredericton High School;
- Angela Thomson, Ridgeview Middle School;
- David Steeves, Devon Middle School
The previous year, in the Francophone sector, the winners were:
Francophone Nord-Est school district:
- Alan McNeil, École Apollo XI, Campbellton;
- Nadine Cormier Godin, École communautaire La Relève, Saint-Isidore.
Francophone Nord-Ouest school district:
- Vicky Banville, École Mgr-Martin, Saint-Quentin.
Francophone Sud school district:
- Chantal Duplessis, École Mont-Carmel, Sainte-Marie-de-Kent;
- Joline Léger, École Donat-Robichaud, Cap-Pelé.
Information submitted to us as part of a press release. If you would like to share your community news or event with our audience, please email email@example.com.