66th Annual Presque Isle Rotary Auction
The Presque Isle Rotary Club has selected the recipients for the 66th annual Rotary Auction. This year the Auction will be held on December 3rd, 4th, and 5th, 2013, and is projected to raise approximately $50,000 for local charitable organizations.
This year the Rotary Club will raise funds for the following charities:
The Club has selected the Aroostook House of Comfort for this year’s “Special Project.” A goal of $25,000 to $100,000 has been set to help the organization fund the building of Aroostook County’s first Hospice House, which will be situated between Caribou and Presque Isle. The House of Comfort will be a facility providing both palliative and hospice care for all of Aroostook County.
Selected as recipients of regular auction proceeds from the 2013 fundraiser are:
- The Ronald McDonald House ($3,000) to support their “Share a Night” program which allows individuals, groups, and communities to sponsor a family by making a donation for their stay. The Rotary Club will be able to support a number of northern Maine families with this money. In 2012, 40% of the families served were from Aroostook County.
- Aroostook County Action Program ($2,500) Funding will go to the Case Management Emergency Fund, which works to connect the local underserved populations to all of the resources available to them within the community.
- Greater Haystack Trail Association ($2,500) to develop a 20-mile, non-motorized, multi-use trail system connecting Haystack Mountain to Quoggy Jo and all trail systems in between. Funding will be used in phase one of this trail connecting the Mapleton Community Pool parking lot with Haystack and Pyle mountains. The completed trail will connect the towns of Mapleton, Castle Hill, Chapman and the City of Presque Isle with a year-round, rustic and scenic route for hiking, biking, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing.
- Quoggy Jo Ski Club ($2,400) to buy critical radio safety equipment necessary to be in compliance with regulations. This funding assists Quoggy Jo in its capital campaign to raise $70,000 over the next two years.
- Star City ATV Club ($2,200) to help with the cost of installing outside bathrooms at the Arnold Brook Lake Park, which is open to the public. Funding is earmarked for the cement holding tank, lumber, and backhoe work.
- Easton Elementary School ($1,500) to purchase new cafeteria tables and chairs, which are in need of replacement. These tables and chairs are used by all students in the system as well as many senior citizens and other members of the community for dinners and functions.
In total, more than $14,000 will be raised for these organizations as part of the upcoming auction.
For 66 Years, the Presque Isle Rotary Club has held an annual auction to raise funds to support local charities and non-profit organizations. Last year, with generous donations from the community, the club raised approximately $50,000 for eight organizations and charitable causes in the region, including Homeless Services of Aroostook.
The 66th Annual Rotary Auction will be broadcasted live on Big Country 96.9 and Time Warner Cable Channel 9. Make sure to tune in!