Grand Falls, Edmundston and Woodstock Students Among Those Getting Opportunities NB Scholarships
Ten students from across the province have been awarded scholarships worth $1,000 each from Opportunities NB.
The bursary program for New Brunswick students entering their first year of post-secondary education was launched earlier this year.
The winners and their planned field of study are:
- Danika Audrey Poitras, Grand Falls, Polyvalente Thomas-Albert; health science, Université de Moncton, Edmundston campus;
- Pierre-Hugo Drapeau, Balmoral, École Aux quatre vents; mechanical engineering, Université de Moncton, Shippagan campus;
- Elise Renée Godin, Beresford, École secondaire Népisiguit; science with a major in mathematics, Université de Moncton, Moncton campus;
- Mackenzie Victoria Arsenault, Oromocto, Oromocto High School; psychology, Mount Alison University;
- Laiken Raquel Fox, Bedell, Woodstock High school; bachelor of science, University of New Brunswick, Saint John campus;
- Margaret Anne Mee, Quispamsis, Kennebecasis Valley High School; commerce, Mount Alison University;
- Theodore Wesley Campbell, Saint John, Harbour View High School; mechanical engineering, University of New Brunswick;
- Emma Coleste Pleshka, Moncton, Harrison Trimble High School; psychology and biology, Mount Allison University;
- David James Thomson, Riverview, Riverview High School; software engineering, University of New Brunswick; and
- Olivier Gilles Levesque, Edmundston, Cité des Jeunes A.-M.-Sormany; health science, Université de Moncton, Edmundston campus.
The scholarships are a key component of ONB Connects, an outreach initiative designed to connect opportunities, promote New Brunswick and mentor young entrepreneurs and students.
The ten $1,000 bursaries to first-year post-secondary students studying in New Brunswick, represent two students from each of New Brunswick’s five regions.
The students entered for the chance to win a bursary by explaining in 300-500 words why New Brunswick is special to them and what they hope to gain from their New Brunswick-based education.