First Friday Art Walk September 6th in Presque Isle
Here's a list of what's happening during September's First Friday Art Walk in Presque Isle.
Catholic Charities - 11 Davis Street - Presque Isle, Maine 04769 - (207)493-8919
- Catholic Charities is announcing their featured artist at a later time. Don’t let that stop you from checking out what they have to offer, and get a great deal too!
Copper’s Lounge - Northeastland Hotel - 436 Main St, PI - (207)768-5321
- For September’s First Friday, Copper’s Lounge will feature the musical talents of Travis Cyr. Described by Arts Aroostook as Cosmic-Acoustic-Americana-Folk-Rock-Spaz-Grass- Psychobilly-String-Breaking-Song-Writing Enthusiast, Travis Cyr is a genuine reflection of the land he lives and has created a musical genre that is his own. He’ll be playing from 6 – 8 pm. Don’t miss it!
MorningStarArt & Framing -422 Main Street - Presque Isle, ME 04769 - (207) 764-1810
- The artist for the month of September at Morning Star Art &Framing is world acclaimed basket weaver, Mary Sanipass of Presque Isle. Stop in and view her work and listen to the music performed by Fiddlers, David and Joanne Putnam. Extended hours at Morning Star are from 6pm – 9pm.
Oasis Salon – 422 Main Street, Suite C - Presque Isle, Maine 04769 - (207) 540-1480
- Visit Oasis Salon and see Presque Isle's native cosplayers in all their finery! Not sure what this is? Go find out!
Reed Gallery - UMPI - 181 Main Street - Presque Isle, Maine 04769 - (207) 768-9611
- The University of Maine at Presque Isle's Reed Fine Art Gallery will host Joyce Tenneson’s “Wise Women – A Celebration of Their Insights, Courage, and Beauty”. The exhibition will be open to the public for the month of September, with the Artist’s Reception & Book Signing from 5-7 p.m. on Wednesday, September 11. FMI Please contact Interim Director Rowena Forbes at 768.9442 or email@example.com. Join their Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/ReedArtGallery.
Star City Coffee - 483 Main Street - Presque Isle, ME 04769 - (207) 554-4222
- Randy King and Emily will be playing music
- If you haven’t stopped in to Star City Coffee you are certainly missing out. Ryan Scully and his eclectic digital art and graphic design will be on display. While you’re there, check out their amazing menu, relax on their comfy couch and enjoy a heavenly mocha.
The Whole Potato Café & Commons - 428 Main Street - Presque Isle, ME 04769 - (207) 554-4258
- What does one do with too many veggies? Why not create a sculpture or head-piece or game or instrument? The Whole Potato invites you– the creative community – to bring forth your assemblages, your costume-wear, your photos, paintings, drawings – whatever you think celebrates food – to the next First Friday Art Walk! Please register or have your work in to them by Wednesday September 4th and make sure to stop in to enjoy some amazing, County-grown food and get ready for a great time!
Wintergreen Arts Center - 149 State Street - Presque Isle, ME 04769 - (207) 762-3576
- As part of the year-long celebration of Presque Isle Historical Society’s 50th anniversary this year, Wintergreen Arts Center will feature an exhibit of historic photos of Presque Isle during the month of September. In addition, visitors will find some new takes on some old topics with images by local photographers looking at historic items in a different way. The event will include a reception on Friday, September 6 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Participating businesses include, Catholic Charities Thrift Store, The Whole Potato, Bou’s Brew Pub, Merchants on the Corner, Morning Star Art & Framing, Hand-Me-Down Antiques, StarCity Coffee, The Whole Potato Café, UMPI’s Pullen Gallery & Art Department and Wintergreen Arts Center.