KENNEBUNK, Maine (AP) — The state fire marshal is investigating a fire in Kennebunk that destroyed a 153-year-old home and sent a firefighter to the hospital.

seacoastonline.com

Officials say the fire began about 10 a.m. Monday in a two-story home on Alfred Road.

Kennebunk Fire Rescue EMS Division Chief Andrew Palmieri tells the York County Coast Star that the three occupants made it out safely, but a pet cat and guinea pig were killed. He says a firefighter from Wells was taken to Maine Medical Center, but he didn't know the reason why.

Palmieri says the cause of the fire hasn't been officially determined, but a resident reported that articles were being dried in a dryer at the time it started.

According to tax records, the home was built in 1860.