Municipal Byelection Nominations Close in Eight New Brunswick Communities
With the close of nominations Friday October 21, New Brunswick byelections will be held on Monday, Nov. 14, in four municipalities:
- Drummond (two councillors-at-large);
- Meductic (one councillor-at-large);
- Miramichi (mayor and one councillor-at-large); and
- Moncton (councillor for Ward 4).
Provincial officials say candidates have until 5 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 24, if they wish to withdraw their name. One day of advance voting is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 5. Polls will be open from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Candidates were elected by acclamation in:
- Clair (councillor-at-large, Carl Sawyer); and
- Sainte-André (councillor for Ward 5, Pierre Poitras).
No candidates filed nomination papers for the vacancies in:
- Baker-Brook (one councillor-at-large); and
- Maisonnette (one councillor-at-large).
These remaining vacancies will be included as part of the municipal byelections to be scheduled in May of 2017.