Man Charged With Weapons and Contraband Offences in Hanwell, N.B.
The RCMP charged a 59-year-old man with 10 offences Tuesday following a seizure of a weapon and contraband tobacco in Hanwell, N.B.
The J Division Tactical Traffic Enforcement Unit conducted a routine check stop on Highway 2 around 1:30 pm Tuesday. A firearm and contraband tobacco products were found after a search of the vehicle, said the RCMP.
Lyman Chatman of Guelph, Ontario was remanded in custody for a bail hearing and appeared in court on March 29. He was charged with:
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm when knowing it is unauthorized to do so
- Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Transfer of a weapon without authority
- Possession of a weapon contrary to order
- Failure to comply with a probation order
- Violation of the Excise Act
- Two violations of the Tobacco Tax Act
He was remanded in custody pending a court appearance on April 5 for election and plea.