El Salvadoran Man Pleads Guilty to Illegal Entry in Maine
A 36-year-old Salvadoran man may see prison time after pleading guilty to illegal entry into the U.S through Maine.
United States Attorney Thomas E. Delahanty II says Manual Antonio Guerra-Nolasco, 36, of Canton Matelapa, El Salvador pled guilty Friday, August 5 in U.S. District Court in Bangor to unlawfully re-entering the United States after having been removed from the country.
According to court records, on May 30, 2016, Guerra-Nolasco was arrested after a traffic stop in Orrington, Maine when a Penobscot County Sheriff Deputy learned that the pick-up truck the man was driving was not registered and that his California driver’s license had been issued in the name of another person. Immigration records revealed that Guerra-Nolasco had been removed from the United States on August 20, 2007.
Guerra-Nolasco faces up to two years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Delahanty says he will be sentenced after completion of a presentence investigation report by the U.S. Probation Office.
The investigation was conducted by the Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Border Patrol.