Brunswick Man in Wheelchair Seriously Burned Tending Fire
The State Fire Marshal’s Office says a Brunswick man was seriously burned Friday when his clothing caught fire as he was tending to his wood stove.
62-year-old Thomas Soucy is confined to a wheel chair and was adding a log to his wood stove when his pants caught fire and the fire the spread to much of his body and the wheelchair itself, said police.
Soucy who lives at 2 Willow Grove in Brunswick is being treated at Maine Medical Center.
Two Fire Marshal investigators joined the Brunswick Fire and Police Departments in the aftermath of the incident. There was no fire damage to Soucy’s condominium
We have more on the story with photos from the Bangor Daily News: