Avoid Pot Holes In The County
Tire damage isn’t the only thing that can happen to your vehicle when you hit a pothole, but a slew of other damages can occur in the County as well. Especially Presque Isle!
According to tire maker Firestone, here are some other damages you may want to think about, one you smack into a pothole.
- Wheel and Rim Damage
- Suspension damage, to include other broken components
- Your steering system can become unaligned
- Damage to your exhaust system
- You can even damage your engine, in some cases
Firestone also weighed in on how to avoid these pesky potholes, besides bugging your city manager and city council members.
- Ensure that you maintain the proper tire pressure. Don’t look on your tires for the proper pressure, but look on the inside of the driver’s side door. It is here that you will find the proper pressure for your automobile.
- Leave plenty of space between you and the other car.
- Reduce your speed during bad weather. It’s hard to tell how deep a pothole is, so reducing your speed can help to reduce damage to your vehicle.
We hope that these tips will help you save your vehicle until Presque Isle, and other roadways in the County, are ridden of all of those nasty potholes.